It’s only been recently that I’ve realised the importance in making time to look after ourselves.
I’m someone that often finds myself feeling like I’m floating towards Jupiter so staying grounded and sane for me is important.
These are some small gestures I like to do for myself, particularly when I’m not feeling my best.
If I’m feeling angry, irritable, unmotivated or any other emotion that brings my mood down, music is my go to.
It’s a powerful and easy way to re-energise and shake me out of my excessive thinking.
Other things that aid my foul moods include:
- Exercise (even just a short walk)
- Screaming into a pillow
- Fresh air
- Chatting to a calm friend
If I’m feeling sad, or even just a little bit drab:
- Appreciation lists
- Do something innocent in nature like watch a kids animation
- Hugging pets
- A comforting coffee or tea
- A bubble bath
When I feel ungrounded, I look for something to bring me back to planet earth and help me stay clear and centered:
- Getting out of the city and into nature
- Pretending I’m a chef and cooking something flavoursome
- Meditation or remembering to breathe properly
These are just a few things that have worked for me and although they may not bring a solution, its nice to know I’ve constructed a small safety net for myself.
Check out Lucy’s self care recipe below!
Want to explore more around what self-care means for you? Come check out our courses!